Pages

Thursday 12 January 2017

ENGLISH LEARNING AND COMMONSENSE





In this blog entry we are going to share all our opinions about "commonsense", sharing our personal experiences from the oppresion to emancipation regarding the English Language Learning:


Antonio:
"Motivation is the first step to enjoy something, and this motivation is undoubtedly necessary for becoming emancipated learners. It is not a question of being against what we have, it is about improving it."
Would you like to read the whole story? click here: 😊 


Andrea:

"I encourage my students to express their own opinions in order to develop critical thinking. I want them to awake and have their own perspectives. Moreover, I motivate them to travel abroad and meet new people."
Would you like to read the whole story? click here: 😊 


Juan Carlos:
"At that moment, Spain in the mid 90’s, the perception of EFL was different. It wasn’t the trend that is nowadays, it wasn’t an indispensable education field for the future of the students, it wasn’t something compulsory to our parents; we were there learning English because we wanted and we enjoyed it. Without knowing it we lived outside of the educational commonsense."
Would you like to read the whole story? click here: 😊 


Cristina:

"English imperialism had won an important battle. My parents, always thinking about what’s best for me, felt that it was so important for the next generation to learn English in order to succeed in life, that they needed to send a a frightened and rebellious teen totally against her will to learn English abroad at 14 years of age. I remember hating English and English people and everything that concerned English up to the point that I decided I was going to make my parents pay for it. Nowadays as an English teacher, and more mature adult, I can’t do anything but to understand that this was an amazing opportunity they were giving me and I wasted it."
Would you like to read the whole story? click here: 😊 


Yvonne:
"Personal interests will be an incentive or an obstacle to learn and, understanding the student’s background will help teachers to connect the material of the curriculum to the student’s reality. This will allow students to be more engaged; more motivated and have an active role inside the classroom. Moreover, this will allow them emancipate and be autonomous learners. In the end, they will learn because they will really want to learn."
Would you like to read the whole story? click here: 😊 





1 comment:

  1. Hello!! I am from the English Funny Language blog (come and see our place)!! I like your blog and your entries, especially this one. It is important to share our point of view of topics as important as the way in which English is taught. I really appreciate your contribution because you have made me think about my own English learning process and, as you, I want to avoid this methodology that only creates boring students who hate English because they do not see any improvement or application.
    Thank you for sharing so useful information and please continue writing your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete